The 1958 Bagnall 0-6-0 diesel locomotive was originally purchased by Wilson's Portland Cement Ltd. for use at their Portland Works south of Whangarei. Portland sold the locomotive to Avon Industries Ltd. when they shut down their industrial railway. The club purchased the locomotive from Avon Industries Ltd. with a generous grant from Pub Charities, Inc. It was unloaded on to the club's siding at Heritage Park on 7 October 2005. Work is underway to stabilize rust and to prepare the locomotive for a paint job. It's a bit rough, cosmetically, but is complete, just missing the diesel engine. The search has begun for a replacement engine, preferably a Gardner 8L3 or similar low-revving diesel engine of 100 to 150 horsepower. If anyone knows of a suitable engine, please contact us.
|Bagnall Builder's Plate||Bagnall No. 3132 View from Driver's Side|
|Bagnall No. 3132 Front End||Bagnall No. 3132 Panel|
|No. 3132 Agent's Plate|
Return to Home Page